Creating a Culture of Protection & Healing
Safe Environment training is a requirement that has been in place for many years. All employees and volunteers of the Diocese of Tucson are required to take this training every three years. The Diocese of Tucson has recently partnered with Catholic Mutual Group (CMG) to ensure that our Safe Environment Program (SEP) is consistent throughout the Diocese, of high quality, and relative to today’s environment. This new CMG program includes Safe Environment Program training, Criminal History Background Check, and ends with an updated and signed Affirmation. The complete program is done online.
You can complete this program at any time of the day that is convenient for you. It will take you about 1 ½ hours to complete. The cost for the system, training modules and background checks will be covered by PPIT (Pooled Parish Insurance Trust). This means there is no cost to you as the participant or to your Parish for any of the services provided by CMG.
Let’s get started:
- The link to the Diocese of Tucson Safe Environment site is https://tucson.cmgconnect.org. Please note that the site works best with Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Brave. It does not work well with Internet Explorer.
- Please follow the registration process.
- Select your preference of English or Spanish at the very top right.
- See box at lower right “Register for a New Account”.
- Fill in all required information.
- Program will automatically forward from Account to Personal to Affiliation.
- Make sure you choose the appropriate role of Volunteer – High Level on the Affiliation page.
- You may stop the program and resume it at any time but if you stop it during one of the videos it will force you to start at the beginning of that video.
- When you complete the program your dashboard will not change from “resume” to “complete” until your criminal history check is completed (1-2 days).
If you do not have a computer or you need technical help, please do not hesitate to call Mary Jane Goodrick, Compliance Officer. If you prefer, we can make an appointment to complete the process in the church office.
520-625-4536 Ext 116