"The Church does not know any means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude..."
The baptism of an infant or young child (up to the age of seven years old) is celebrated according to the Church’s Rite of Infant Baptism.
- Letter from Parish where parents registered. If not registered anywhere, please fill out a registration form from Our Lady of the Valley.
- Parents and godparents must be practicing their Catholic faith.
- If the godparents are from another parish, they must obtain a letter from their pastor, attesting they meet canonical requirements.
- Parents must provide an official copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Godparents must be at least 16 years old.
- Godparents must have had all of the sacraments of initiation: Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Married godparents must have been married in the Catholic Church.
The Baptismal Preparation class serves to the further understanding of the sacrament of Baptism and prepares parents and godparents more fully for their responsibility to be the first teachers of their faith in Jesus Christ for their children. It emphasizes why we strive to live our lives centered upon the love and forgiveness of God.
- Parents and godparents are required to attend a Baptism preparation class. If attended a class within the last 3 years, there is no need to attend again. A certificate or any other proof of attendance needs to be provided. Classes are given on an individual basis with Deacon Joe Roinick. You may contact Deacon Joe at 520-625-4536 extension 112 or by email [email protected].
- Parents must complete and return the attached forms and return it to the office.
- All paperwork must be submitted prior to the class.
We make every effort to accommodate the needs of families and visiting family members. Baptisms are normally conducted outside of the ritual of the Mass. This provides a richer experience for the family. Please allow at least 3 weeks for scheduling. We do not perform Baptisms during Lent.
Click here for the downloadable Baptismal Packet.